Well I have been hard at work storing food away for the winter. I still have some to do but I have over 200 jars done in the last month and I am out of room! I've been looking for some creative storage solutions such as under the stairs and in the closets for my full jars and I'm almost out of empties. I have about 25-30 quarts left and those will be for dried beans and meat. I will be looking for some more to can up this years deer in. I have canned pickled peppers, tomatoes, pasta sauce, chili sauce, green tomato salsa, regular salsa, beans, burger, chicken soup, green beans, pears, apple sauce, 4 kinds of jam, wine, turnips, carrots, pickles, dilly beans and that's all I can think of but I'm sure there is more.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great feeling to have a stocked pantry. I've never canned our deer or goat, but would like to try that one day.
ReplyDelete