background

Monday, August 29, 2011

More winter preps. Canning pickled peppers.



Well I have been canning stew base and beef stock to which I added some stew bones and apple cider vinegar to. This helps leach the calcium and nutrient from the bones. I also added home grown celery, carrots, and garlic. Yum! The past three days I have been putting up peppers. We have had lots of peppers! Hot jalepenos, salsas, marconis, anaheims, sweet bells yellow greens, reds, and even some purple ones which I grew from seeds. I sliced diced and froze some for fajitas, stir fries, and chilli. And I dried 6 trays of sweets and jalapenos in the dehydrator for soups and salsa. And today since I was tired of finding uses for peppers after three days of chopping I pickled the rest of the jalapenos, salsas, and habeneros. Super easy!
The recipes is as follows:
6 cups vinegar
2 1/2 cups water
3 garlic cloves crushed
2 3/4 lbs mixed hot peppers
1 onion chopped
I diced rinsed and packed the peppers and onion into clean 1/2 pint and pint jars and ladled the boiling vinegar, water, and garlic solution over the tops. The into a hot water bath for 10-15 minutes and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment