Well our piggies are grown and ready to leave. No longer the two small porkers I hauled home from the goat sale in August. They are fat and long and sleak. And to my suprise, I have really enjoyed this experience. Growing our pigs was easier by far than I had expected. They were friendly and curious. Always happy to see us and get their daily rations of grain and milk. Leaning in for a scratch behind their ears and along their back. They grew so fast! I will be sad to see them go. No more low snorting grunts to greet me in the early morning or late at night when I go check the animals. Our freezers will be full but the pens empty. I knew from the begining what their fate was and I don't really have any regrets, but it will still be a little sad. Tomarrow we will load them into the trailer hopefully with ease. We are not sure how well this is going to go as we have never loaded pigs before. I will let you know if they go willingly or not. I stopped and got them several gallons of milk to use as bait. We leave for Grant as early as possible tomarrow. It will be a first for me on Valentines Day. Well it's off to bed for me and I'll update you later.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment