Yep I've decided to change my name to "Murphy". I have the worst luck. If it can it does go wrong at my house! This weekend we took two goats and six lop bunnies to the sale. And came home with two six week old potbelly pigs. I was trying to tame them down some because they were like greased lightening, scared, and wild. So I got out two litle dog harnesses and was in the backyard with them. Well, one got loose. She went under the windbreak right south of the house and by the time I put the dogs in and grabbed the net she was gone. Not a trace. Now she is only five pounds so she could be anywhere. But we looked everywhere under everything I even gave up and took out Maggie our schnauzer who thinks she is a hunting dog and nothing. So my Dh came home and yelled and cussed and yelled some more. As if I didn't feel bad enough. Long story short I have decided to sell off my projects. Such as my Llamas Jenner and Pill, My dairy goats 3 nice Nubians for milking. My trail bike and I am butchering the extra chickens and bunnies that have multiplied over the summer. So that oughta take a little strain off of DH's shoulders. 11-3-10 As an update. I did fianlly catch the little squirt! They are both hosed in a very secure pen and are doing very well and are slightly more friendly. I sold my Llamas which made me sad and also sold my lead goat Honey the Toggenburg. She went to a very nice lay named Betty. The trail bike is gone and I am keeping my goats. We butchered 19 rabbits and are going to do about 30 chickens and ducks the next free day I have so it is gong to be VERY quiet around here until spring.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment